At BVPTS, we are committed to delivering the best care possible to our patients and clients. In March of 2020, we began offering telehealth services to better serve our patients and community, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic which was limiting our contact with patients. Patients that have taken advantage of this service have been pleased with the ease and convenience of receiving their physical therapy care in the comfort and safety of their home or office.
All that patients need to participate is an e-mail, some paperwork (of course), a device (phone, tablet, or computer) with a working camera and microphone, and an internet connection. Telehealth visits are then provided by e-mailing or texting a link to our secure bvpts.doxy.me server to give access to our virtual waiting room. From there your therapist will pick up you and complete your TeleHealth visit through a secured video session that ensures your privacy and confidentiality, while we meet with you and provide our care and treatment. In most cases, we are able to e-mail you an exercise program and go over it with you during your visit.
Benefits of Telehealth (also known as Telemedicine, Teletherapy, or Telerehab):
- Schedule your sessions at your convenience:
- whether that is in the morning, evening, or weekends and avoid the issue of missing time at work or home.
- Save time:
- No commute, No traffic, No parking hassles
- Faster access to physical therapists
- Especially for those Chronic injuries
- Consultation for the aches and pains that you don’t want to go to your physician for
- Treatment with a Home-Court Advantage:
- A comfortable environment makes learning new information and communicating your needs easier.
- No crowded waiting rooms:
- You and your Physical Therapist will connect at your scheduled time
- Focused attention:
- It’s just You and our Physical Therapist during your scheduled sessions.
- More ownership of your recovery: You are given the tools you need to tackle your issue on your own.
- You are able to better manage your health from home
- Improved maintenance of symptom management following musculoskeletal injuries.
- Increased patient access to care for anyone practicing social distancing to keep others and yourself safe:
- Most insurances are currently covering the entire cost of telehealth appointments (During the COVID-19 pandemic)
- Studies have shown similar outcomes for patients with balance deficits, total knee replacements, chronic pain.
- If we do find that someone needs to be seen in the clinic, we will tell you that, but we will already be a step ahead by having more information after from your TeleHealth visit.
Schedule your first visit today by calling (508-234-7544) or e-mailing us at email@example.com and see for yourself how simple and beneficial TeleHealth can be! We are here to help you manage your aches and pains and assist in your return to the activities that you enjoy doing!